Saturday 18 February 2012

Dragon Birthday Card

Here is a birthday card i made today, and my first card featuring a dragon (I loooove dragons!!)
I also tryed out my new distressing ink and I quite like the look of it. Will definetly keep using it! I used my Cameo to cut out the oval and the frame around the dragon, the dragon stamp is from Wild Rose Studio. For the 'Happy Birthday' i used black and glitter embossing powder. I also used some Stickles for the candles.






I've entered these challenges with this card (first time doing a challenge, wish me luck!):
Stamping with Dragon - Year of the Dragon Challenge
Our Creative Corner - Black and White with a Splash of Colour
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Card makin' mamas - Challenge #39 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Fab n' Funky Challenges - Challenge #108 - Try something new! 
Top Tip Tuesday - Challenge #70 - Mystical, Magical & Fantasy!

I think that was all of them... My apologies if I forgot anyone!



9 comments:

  1. Lovely cute card and image Maggie.
    Thanks for joining us at OCC this week, we are happy to have you.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Maggie. Such unusual wood effect background paper. Your image is fab too. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week. Hope you can join us again.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so adorable. The dragon image is very lovely. Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner and Stamping with the Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great magical birthday card, the dragon is super cute. Thanks for joining the Mystical, Magical, Fantasy Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute dragon!!! LOVE the bold bright colors on top of the black and white! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, he's a cutie! Love the wooden background with the stickled lettering and that faux stitching is a very nice touch! :)

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips and don't forget our new Caught Our Eye winner post!
    Hugs to you,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card. Love the dragon you used. Thanks for playing with us at Stamping With The Dragon.

    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely project Maggie, that dragon is so cute! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Dragon are so cute. Thanks for playing at Stampin with the Dragon.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete