Friday 3 February 2012

First Cuts!

So I've been trying to figure out how this Silhouette Cameo machine works and how to get nice, clean cuts. First I tried with some cardstock, but it was really heavy and I could not cut it without having to cut twice. So I decided to try some thinner paper.
I had this cardpack from papermania where I don't really like the colours, so I decided to use this as my test paper. I tried several settings, and cutting different shapes, but the cuts did not come out clean and i could not get it off the sticky mat without the paper tearing (even when the shapes weren't small or complicated!).
Then I had a slightly bright moment: maybe its the paper, not me or the machine! Changed paper and voila! Nice clean cut and I managed to lift it off the mat in one piece!! Hurray!!


So these are my first successful cuts with the Cameo! (Sorry about the image quality, bad lighting)



No comments:

Post a Comment