Saturday 4 February 2012

First card using the Cameo!

So after playing around with the Cameo all last night, trying different cuts and papers, I finally got around to making my first card today! It helped that the paper I ordered arrived in the mail today, this one is thinner than the one i had and much much better to use with the cameo! The paper I used is 160gsm, so I used the heavy cardstock setting on the Cameo, but found that i needed to change the blade to setting 4 instead of 3.

I made the card using a template I bought from Silhouette Studios online shop (making a few adjustments of my own). Its an easel card, which means it can stand up on its own to make a nice display.
And here it is!


From the front



From the side so you can see how the easel card works. I tried to make the flower stand out a bit to make a slight 3D effect and I'm quite happy with it
This is a flower i cut as  a test to see if the cutting mat was still too sticky and to see if I could manage to get an intricate design off the mat without ripping it. And it works, yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment